To identify, develop, engage and recognize leadership to further
the art and science of orthopaedics.
The AOA's vision for the AOA is to be the organization that
catalyzes the orthopaedic community to greatness through inspired
- Leadership: AOA is an organization that values the
competency of its leaders in all facets; personal, professional,
civic and academic. The AOA is committed to meeting the
responsibilities of leadership through unselfish and responsible
- Professionalism: AOA embraces professionalism at every
level in the organization; members, volunteers and association
management. AOA aspires to enhance dignity and professionalism in
orthopaedics and daily life.
- Community: AOA is a Community of Leaders comprised of
individuals committed to each other and the specialty through
intellectual exchange - sharing, collaborating and creating.
- Unification: AOA seeks to transcend subspecialties and
to unify orthopaedic leaders as the specialty evolves.
AOA's Goals & Objectives include
- Identifying Leaders
- Developing and enhancing competency of orthopaedic
- Confronting the most relevant issues facing orthopaedics
- Recognizing leadership and accomplishments
- Work to be identified as the organization of Academic
- Achieve organizational efficiency
Read about the AOA's Commitment to Professionalism Guiding