The American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) is seeking to fill a part-time position:
Title: Development Services and Projects Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Development Services and Projects Coordinator Position Summary
The Development Services and Projects Coordinator has responsibility in the areas of database management and stewardship including gift processing, donor receipts/acknowledgement, maintaining integrity of donor and contribution income financial records, and updating donor recognition lists. The position provides administrative support to the Sr. Development Manager and development staff as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Development Team with efficient operations, projects and initiatives to fulfill fundraising goals for the AOA.
- Coordinates and prioritizes day-to-day gift processing activities and ensures accurate processing and stewardship of gifts.
- Monitors pledge commitments and payments; oversees donor acknowledgment and recognition process. Track single and multi-year pledge donors.
- Requires daily use of fundraising database; creates and distributes fundraising reports as needed.
- Collaborates with all AOA program staff to track corporate support and related activities necessary for securing/reconciling industry funding.
- Assists in handling telephone calls and emails, as well as providing customer service to AOA members and donors.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all gifts.
- Assists with organizing files, budget development, and fiscal performances.
- Organizes conference calls, prepares call/meeting agendas and drafts meeting minutes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree required
- Three years of progressively increasing administrative experience and development services experiences
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Database technology experience and skills–experience with iMIS is preferred but not required.
- Minimal out-of-town travel – 5 days/year
- Required in-town weekend meetings – 3 – 8 days/year.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to:
Christine Radtke, CFRE
Senior Development Manager
The American Orthopaedic Association
9400 W. Higgins Road, Suite #205
Rosemont, IL 60018