Marketing Communications & Development Coordinator (exempt)
Senior Development Manager
Under the supervision of the Senior Development Manager, the Marketing Communications & Development Coordinator will focus on fundraising, marketing and communications. The focus in on compelling writing to share the AOA’s mission through fundraising, advertising and marketing strategies. Portfolio of responsibilities includes appeal writing, donor stewardship, developing an array of marketing collateral, and assisting with fundraising events for individual donors. The Marketing Communications & Development Coordinator must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, take the initiative and manage multiple priorities.
$40,000 - $45,000
Communications, Appeals, and Social Media
Donor Acknowledgement, Stewardship, and Coordination
- Understands, communicates and advances overall AOA strategic objectives.
- Shepherds assigned projects from inception to closure, ensuring that all relevant tasks are completed on deadline and within budget.
- In conjunction with the MarCom Manager, writes and oversees marketing collateral: works with design, print, and mailing house vendors as needed
- Works directly with MarCom Manager and other program/development staff to create and curate content for distribution to membership segments:
- weekly e-newsletters and one-off e-blasts
- website/web page maintenance and content
- AOA Daily for distribution at the Annual Leadership Meetings
- promotion of committee annual giving to achieve 100% committee giving
- donor gift acknowledgement
- assists with target audience determination and list production
- Executes communications and collateral, including:
- direct mail/print appeals: solicitation letters, AOA Updates, annual reports
- digital communications: e-appeals, e-newsletters, e-blasts, social media posts, 365 mobile app push notifications
- individual donor: stewardship communications
- yearly corporate prospectus
- video, etc.
- Provides reports, analysis, evaluation, and recommendation for:
- individual appeal program
- website activity/engagement
- e-mail marketing campaigns
- Assists with distribution of press releases
- Assists with membership and other audience market research via surveys and polls.
- Coordinates fundraising/cultivation events as planned for the year
Financial Accountability & Administrative Duties
- Coordinates and executes individual donor/prospect stewardship in conjunction with the Senior Development Manager
- Manages IMIS database to ensure accurate record keeping and reporting with Development Services Manager & Project Coordinator
- Records, acknowledges and stewards donors/donation per the AOA’s donor recognition levels and stewardship plan
- Handles individual donor questions and requests
- Establishes and maintains updated policies and procedures related to duties
- Assists with budget development and fiscal performance within Development and Marketing/Communications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years progressive experience in a non-profit organization
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher), and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Must be highly self-directed, well-organized, detail-oriented, disciplined, able to multi-task and comfortable completing tasks with minimum supervision
- Strong organization/decision-making/time management skills to effectively adhere to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure with an eye on the big picture and attention to details
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, willingness to learn, and a strong work ethic are a must
- Applicants must exhibit professionalism, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage with individuals at all levels
- Moderate: 5-7 days out-of-town travel plus approximately 2 in-town weekend meetings.
- Approximately 8-10 evening conference calls.
E-mail your resume and cover letter to Christine Radtke at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.