The American Orthopaedic Association rents its Department Chair and Program Director mailing list electronically or in the form of labels for one-time use for each approved request. Labels may be provided for a fee to orthopaedic institutions, organizations, publishers and businesses wishing to promote products and services to Department Chairs and Program Directors. AOA requires pre-approval of all items to be mailed and is the sole judge of the suitability of materials for mailing to Department Chairs and Program Directors. AOA reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or use may not be considered in the best interests of AOA or the intended recipients.
Non-profit institutions wishing to rent the mailing list for educational purposes may purchase mailing labels at a reduced fee. AOA may require verification of an organization's non-profit status.
AOA will not be bound by conditions printed or appearing on order blanks or copy instructions that conflict with provisions of its rate card.
Rental of the AOA Department Chair and Program Director mailing lists to vendors and outside entities does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of the product or service being marketed. Unless expressly agreed by AOA in writing, any representation by the buyer(s) and/or his client(s) or agent(s), whether overt of implied, of AOA endorsement or guarantee of a product or service is prohibited.
AOA specifically prohibits use of its membership names and addresses for the following purposes:
- Copying and entering names and addresses from the provided labels into a client's computer database for any purpose. This applies to duplication and/or storage in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise.
- Announcements of opening or positions at companies/institutions.
- Membership recruitment mailings or related promotions for external organizations.
- Announcements of education programs, equipment or other products and services not related in some way to th efield of orthopaedic surgery except for specific AOA-sponsored membership programs/services provided by commercial firms.
- Use of member names and addresses for on-site visits to members' homes/offices for any reason.
- All requests must be submitted in writing and include an explanation of information being communicated or copy of material to be sent. Requests must be received no less than 10 business days prior to date of use.
- Requested lists are to be used within 30 days as information becomes outdated.
- Requests will be approved by the Chair of the CORD/Academics Committee.
- Only mailing labels will be provided. Labels can be provided in hard copy or electronic format. Email address will not be given.
- The lists will not be provided for promotion of education events and programs taking place within 30 days before or after the AOA Annual Meeting.
- Information being sent to the Department Chairs and Program Directors cannot conflict with the AOA's mission and should be aligned with the AOA's academic leadership goals and objectives.
- AOA shall not act as a broker, through providing its Department Chair and Program Director mailing labels, for any product or service not manufactured or provided directly by the purchaser of the mailing labels.
- Direct mailing list brokers or other third parties soliciting the AOA Department Chair and Program Director mailing labels on behalf of a client assume total responsibility for timely payment to AOA, regardless of the client's payment standing wit the broker or third party.
- Use of the list is for one-time only an dlimited exlusively to the specific offer or service as described in the mailing sample submitted in conjunction with the order form.
- Payment is due upon receipt.
The use of the AOA Department Chair and Program Director mailing lists in any of the ways prohibited above shall be cause for, at a minimum, permanent disqualification of the buyer(s) and/or his client(s) or agent(s) from use of the AOA Department Chair and Program Director mailing lists. Violation of this policy as set forth above may also be grounds for legal action.
The Mailing Lists cost is $1000 ($500 for non-profit organizations).
Payment must be received prior to shipment of mailing list. Acceptable forms of payment are personal or business checks, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Shipping & Handling
Requests are shipped within ten days of receipt. All requests are charged a $10 fee to cover shipping and handling costs. Orders are shipped via Federal Express - 2 Day Service.