Program Highlights that make APEX Unique
The AOA | USC APEX Leadership Program melds the power of face-to-face education with the convenience of distance-learning formats to tackle the essential leadership development skills required of surgeons today.
- Cohort Model for Learning
- Participants will benefit from a year-long shared learning experience
- Intimate peer networking, and collegiality in a small setting
- Builds strong, life-long tight-knit bonds
- AOA Ambassadors
- Three recognized orthopaedic leaders will serve as Ambassadors for the cohort year, partnering with our expert USC faculty to enrich the course experience.
- These Ambassadors represent the concerns and priorities of orthopaedic surgeons who encounter everyday leadership challenges within health care. AOA Ambassadors contribute to the development of the course, contribute to course development, participate alongside learners, and serve as educators, to link executive management concepts to the work done by physician leaders.
- At the conclusion of each year, current AOA Ambassadors will select three stand-out APEX Alumni graduates to serve in this prestigious role as Ambassadors for the following year.
- Capstone Project
- Identify a leadership project to incorporate the skills acquired to provide solutions valuable to you and your institution.
- Determine how to change or influence your organizational culture
- Apply skills obtained to formulate an action plan.
- USC faculty will provide one-on-one engagement with each cohort member and feedback over the course of the 10-month project.
- Graduate with AOA Alumni Status
- Cohort graduates will emerge into an esteemed and highly coveted group of APEX alumni. See Alumni section of the brochure below.
- Leadership Self-Assessment for Personal Development and Leading Teams
- Diagnose your personal leadership style
- Develop and expand your personal skills and amplify your success in leading others.