JOA hosts are encouraged to use their creativity to plan a unique and exciting experience that will allow the visiting fellows to grow in their leadership skills, research, and career goals. Hosts may also take advantage of any unique environments that they may have either academically or historically.
The Traveling Fellowship Taskforce also encourages members to “group host,” with several institutions in one area sharing the hosting duties and costs, thus adding to the diversity of the tour. Hosts will be asked to:
- Identify a key contact person at the host institution for the AOA
- Coordinate academic, leadership and social programs
- Send the AOA a finalized, detailed itinerary six weeks prior to the tour
- Meet the JOA Fellows when they arrive in the local area. If the fellows fly in/out of the region, fellows must be transported to/from the airport to the designated hotel or meeting location
- Provide housing, meals and ground transportation for the JOA Fellows, as well as covering the costs for these arrangements
If you are interested in hosting future JOA Fellows, please contact email@example.com.