Honor a Pillar of the Orthopaedic Profession Program
The AOA offers mentees the opportunity to formally honor and champion a Fellow of The American Orthopaedic Association (FAOA) for his/her leadership and teaching of faculty/professional partners, fellows, and residents.
To honor a Pillar of the Orthopaedic Profession
, a new donor groups work together to make a commitment of new gifts of cash, stock or pledges totaling a minimum of $75,000 by March 31 for June recognition.
If you'd like to honor your mentor (who must be, or have been, a FAOA), please:
- Notify the AOA of intention to nominate a person by January 15 annually
- You will then serve as Champion of this effort, by:
- Serving as the lead to identify and cultivate gifts from others whom the honored leader has mentored or otherwise impacted in a positive or meaningful way.
- For example, current or past faculty, partners, fellows, and residents may be part of the donor group supporting the honored orthopaedic leader
- Making a new suggested personal minimum donation/pledge of $5,000 towards the $75,000 threshold.
- If funds/commitments are not received in full by March 31, then donations will roll forward for recognition at the following Annual Leadership Meeting.
- The AOA will work with the Champion to initiate and encourage outreach.
If you would like to make a gift to honor a Pillar of the Orthopaedic Profession, click DONATE NOW to make an online donation. You can also download a DONATION/PLEDGE FORM to mail in a donation or make a multi-year pledge.
Your Honoree will receive privileges and appreciation, including:
Honoree and one guest will receive complimentary registration for the following events in the year she/he is being honored:
- Honoree will be notified of the award once the minimum giving threshold has been reached.
- Honoree will be recognized during the AOA’s Annual Leadership Meeting. This will add to the cachet of his/her reputation.
- Once the honoree is acknowledged as an AOA Pillar of the Orthopaedic Profession, the recognition remains in perpetuity.
- Annual Leadership Meeting
- All Member Social Events during the Annual Leadership Meeting
- C. McCollister Evarts Resident Leadership Forum and Emerging Leaders Forum receptions during the Annual Leadership Meetings
Additionally, the honoree and one guest will be invited to attend the Presidents Dinner and Reception.
For more information, click here or please contact Ann O'Neill, Development Manager via email: email@example.com or by phone at: 847-318-7490.