This event meets your AOA Membership requirement for Meeting Attendance.
**Please note, space is limited for this event. Please register early.**
- 7:00pm EST - Networking Reception
AOA Members and Emerging Leaders will enjoy a reception with attendees of the AOA-HCA Regional Resident and Fellows Leadership Education Event. (Local residents and fellows can register here.)
- 7:45pm EST - Welcome by Event Chairs
- L. Scott Levin, MD, FAOA, Penn Musculoskeletal Center
- Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD, FAOA, Rothman Institute
- 8:10pm EST - Featured Speaker and Dinner
"Strengthening Your Leadership"
Michael Useem, PhD, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Description: Intensifying demands for high performance are pressing organizations to become more flexible and fast-acting. They are finding that such initiatives require effective leadership and a supportive culture, and this has become all the more critical in an uncertain environment. The challenge is to build leaders and well-led teams throughout the enterprise, and that requires a capacity to think strategically, communicate persuasively, and decide decisively. Drawing on challenging times and moments of decision, Michael Useem, PhD identifies what is required to strengthen your leadership and build a team for those moments when your leadership is on the line.
- 10:00pm EST - Conclusion
About Michael Useem, PhD
Michael Useem, PhD, is Professor of Management, Director of the Center for Leadership and Change Management, and Faculty Director of the McNulty Leadership Program at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. He the author of several books on management and leadership, including The Leadership Moment, Investor Capitalism, and The Leader’s Checklist, and co-author of The Strategic Leader’s Roadmap and Boards That Lead.
- Register by September 6 to receive discounted pricing. After September 6, prices will increase.
- Registration Includes a copy of The Leadership Moment, by Michael Useem, PhD
- Location: Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse
Who Can Attend:
- Note: This event runs concurrent to the AOA-HCA Regional Resident and Fellow Leadership Education Event, which is a complimentary event for local PGY3-PGY5 resident or fellows. Registration for that event is open here. For more information, please email@example.com.
- To register: You must click on PROCEED TO CHECK OUT.
Questions or to be added to the waitlist: Contact Katherine Yanney; firstname.lastname@example.org